LOCAL AND INTERSTATE REMOVALS
CERTIFIED FEMALE FRIENDLY
Hermes Local Removals: Reliable, Friendly, Cost Effective, And Above All.. Stress Free!
1. Call For An Obligation Free Quote & Book Your Move
Give us a call, (or we'll call you at a time that suits) and we'll have a chat about when you'd like to move, and go over any details or questions you'd like answered.
2. We'll Come Out To Help You Pack, And Clean Your House.
Our experienced packers and cleaners come out to your home to make sure all of your possessions are kept safe, and the home is left spotless & clean!
3. We Move You To Your New House Or Apartment.. Easy!
On move day our fit and efficient team of removalists will come out and complete your move. We manage everything, and we'll bill you once the move is complete.
Proudly Affiliated With, & Accredited By:
When you move with Hermes, you can focus on things that really need your attention and on things that are really fun in moving
Moving is usually faced with anxiety, stress and risk but with Hermes and its 45 years of experience in the business, you can meet change with anticipation and excitement. When you move with Hermes, you can focus on things that really need your attention and on things that are really fun in moving: from deciding how to decorate your new interiors, securing your office equipment and yes even moving other members of your family, your pets.
Hermes Local Moving guides you every step of the way. Even before Day 1 of the move, Hermes is already with you doing the prep work, from understanding your needs, giving you an overview of the entire process, damage inspection to the completion of the move.
Domestic and business moving are two of our favorite services because of the joy, satisfaction and relief we see from our loyal clientele. Our clients enjoy:
- Our world-class moving team composed of consultants, coordinators, supervisors, crew and handymen
- Specialised moving services for sensitive, odd-sized and other assets that require unique care (including pets, vehicles, luxury items and more!)
- Complete moving supplies, materials and equipment that serve your moving needs (from boxes, wraps, labelers, disposal bins, trollies, trucks and more). You name it. We have it!
- Protective measure for both your move out and move in sites to line your walls, floors, corners, edges and other areas
- Rush moves that require rapid planning, immediate execution, safe transit and of course stress-free moving
Local Removals Services
- End to end moving services, from organising, packing and all the way to unpacking
- In-house dismantling and re-assembly of furniture, handling and re-connection of utilities, setting up electronics, appliances, devices and other home or office equipment
- Tailor made solutions, containers and storage: customisable moving boxes, heavy duty plastic wrappers, packing materials, pallets and reinforced containers
- Guaranteed safety from the element: dirt, pests, vermin and other dangers
- Special care and boarding for moving your pets
- Cars, motorcycles, trailers and boat transports equipped with tracking technology
- Delicate and discreet care for precious and high value furniture, art and possessions
- Modern fleet of moving trucks with disciplined drivers and with a variety of capacities from one to nine tonnes
- Transit and storage comprehensive insurance
- 100% accuracy on inventory and labeling of every item
- Value-added moving services such as professional home organisers, moving consultants and trade contractors
“I want you to get the services you need, and my promise is we'll move as quickly & as efficiently as possible to get things moving... in most cases, we can be ready to go in less than 48 hours after you've given us your requirements.
So, when you're ready, fill out the form below, and we'll get back to you within minutes to discuss how we can help you to move house, store your goods, or ship your items overseas!”
John Detlefs - CEO
Frequently Asked Questions
How far in advance do I need to book a Removal Company?
We're very flexible, and in most cases we'll work with you no matter how fast the turnaround. That said, the earlier you book, the more likely you are to get the exact time-slot you want.
How many movers will complete my removal?
It depends on how big the job is, or how much stuff you'd like to store. We usually offer 2 to 3 persons and a 4 to 10-ton truck. For bigger jobs we'll add staff and trucks as necessary.
How long will my removal take?
There are several things to consider when moving house including access, items, number of movers and the distance needed to travel. Typically, if you have a 2-bedroom property located on ground floor, it would only take 4 hours with a 4-ton truck (not including travel time).
Do you provide packing boxes for moving?
You betcha! Packing boxes are available at a discounted price. Just let us know and we'll add them to your package. You'll be pleasantly surprised at how competitive our prices are!
Do you do piano removals?
Yes, we're more than happy to move pianos, but it depends on the type of piano. We will safely move an upright piano with a maximum of 3 steps at both locations or a small electric piano. We do have specialists we can refer you to for the trickier moves with larger more expensive pianos.
What happens if you cannot complete my move in a single day when moving long distance?
Our movers are fit, fast and professional. They will do their very best to move your things efficiently with care. For local moving, we'll almost always complete the job the same day. If necessary, we also have overnight storage available for you when a job goes beyond the expected completion time.
Can I access my items in storage?
The security of your items is our main priority. We advise you to contact our team to assist you in accessing your storage.
What items are we not allowed to move or store?
We're fine to move most items, although flammable items, live animals and plants (for interstate moves) are excluded from our list. If you think you might be a special case, just give us a call and we'll let you know immediately if there are any special considerations with your items. In most cases there are no issues!
Do I have to arrange parking?
Yes, you'll need to organize parking near your property making it easier for our team to move your items. In situations where the parking area is far from the property, this adds significant time to the move, and you may be charged for any parking fees. Best to have things well organised in advance.
Do you dismantle & reassemble furniture?
Yes, our friendly team of experienced movers are fully trained on proper dismantling and reassembly pf furniture.
How much will my removal cost?
The cost of your move will be determined on the volume of the items being moved, the type of access you have at both properties, and the distance being travelled. Best bet is to give us a call and we'll organise a quote for you on the spot.
Do you provide contracts?
We provide invoices and send out booking confirmations by email as your reference.
When and how do I pay for my removal & storage?
Removal payment can be made upon completion of the service because we won't know the final price until after the move is completed. For storage, payment is made upon booking for the first month and then we charge monthly in advance on the same card.
Are my items insured?
Yes, we cover transit and public liability which is part of the package and we also provide a quote if you want your items to be fully covered with insurance.
Excellent team of movers who were polite, friendly & efficient. Easy to deal with from getting a quote & making the booking, to a very smooth & quick job on the day, making it all very stress free. Greg & Danny did a great job on the day.